Jazz à Juan: Antibes Jazz Festival
One of the oldest jazz festivals on the continent, Jazz à Juan features the bests in the category. Since its first staging in 1960, it just keeps on gaining fame and luster.
Simply put, this festival is nothing else but jazz: latin jazz, jazz-rock, modern jazz, blues, electro, and even jazzy gospel. Over the years, the Jazz a Juan festival embraced new and different styles of jazz to entice a new audience.
Boulevard Edouard Baudoin in La Pinède park testifies to its popularity, as behind the seaside stage, handprints of more than 50 musicians who performed in the festival dot the sidewalk. Some jazz legends who performed and had their prints in the boardwalk are Al Jarreau; BB King; Georges Benson; Pink Floyd; Ray Charles; Stevie Wonders; Stéphane Grappelli; Eddie Louise; Dee Dee Bridgewater; among others.
The festival truly adds to the colorful history of jazz. After all, artists from around the globe perform here every year to celebrate and enrich the jazz music scene. It is a prestigious event to enjoy jazz music.
The festival’s home is La Pinède, the famous pine grove in the town of Juan-les-Pins, which is part of Antibes, on the French Riviera. The relaxed ambiance complements the funky groove of jazz rhythm. The stage is set on a beautiful natural backdrop, the Mediterranean Sea.
At night, the scene gradually transforms as the lights of Juan-les-Pins, Golfe Juan, and the nearby Cannes becomes visible. There will be boutiques for souvenirs and numerous restaurants and cafés around the square. Small bars and places for snacks are also present within the vicinity.
2019 jazz a juan Performances
- Friday, July 12: Jazz Party (7:00 pm);
- Saturday, July 13: Steve Gadd Band; George Benson (8:30 pm);
- Sunday, July 14: Omri Rom, Ekram, Electro Deluxe (8:30 pm);
- Monday, July 15: Delgrès, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals (8:30 pm);
- Tuesday, July 16: Magma, King Crimson (8:30 pm);
- Wednesday, July 17: Louise Cole, Snarky Puppy (8:30 pm);
- Thursday, July 18: Kittin, Jamiroquai- Automaton (8:30 pm);
- Friday, July 19: Eli Degibr Quartet, Candy Dulfer; Diana Krall (8:30 pm);
- Saturday, July 20: Pink Martini ft. Storm Large, Thomas Dutronic and the Gypsy Spirits (8:30 pm);
- Sunday, July 21: New Gospel Family (8:30 pm);
Jazz a juan VIDEO
Jazz a Juan Event Details
|Event Type: Music Festival|
Timing: Jazz Party on Friday, July 12, 2019 starts at 7pm. Performances on the following day until the last Sunday, July 21, will start at 8:30pm.
Contact: Michèle Bosq +33422106047 / firstname.lastname@example.org or send an email here.
Social Media: Facebook Twitter
Website: Official Jazz a Juan Website
Location: La Pinède Gould