Jazz à Juan: Antibes Jazz Festival
Summer in Côte d’Azur is fast approaching. And what makes it more exciting for Antibes is the Jazz à Juan festival held July 12 to 22, 2019. One of the oldest jazz festivals on the continent, Jazz à Juan features the bests in the category.
Since its first staging in 1960, it just keeps on gaining fame and luster. The Boulevard Edouard Baudoin in La Pinède park testifies to its popularity. Behind the seaside stage, handprints of more than 50 musicians who performed in the festival dot the sidewalk.
The event will once again give a sense of rapture to jazz enthusiasts. Simply put, it’s nothing else but jazz: Latin jazz, jazz rock, modern jazz, blues, electro, and even gospel. The event truly adds to the colorful history of jazz. After all, artists from around the globe perform here every year to celebrate and enrich the jazz music scene.
Over the years, the Jazz a Juan festival embraced new and different styles to entice a new audience. Some jazz legends who performed and had their prints in the boardwalk are: Al Jarreau; BB King; Georges Benson; Pink Floyd; Ray Charles; Stevie Wonders; Stéphane Grappelli; Eddie Louise; Dee Dee Bridgewater; among others. It truly is a prestigious event to enjoy jazz music.
The setting that matches the music
The festival’s home is La Pinède, the famous pine grove in the town of Juan-les-Pins, which is part of Antibes, on the French Riviera. The relaxed ambiance complements the funky groove of jazz rhythm. The stage is set on a beautiful natural backdrop, the Mediterranean Sea. At night, the scene gradually transforms as the lights of Juan-les-Pins, Golfe Juan, and the nearby Cannes becomes visible. There will be boutiques for souvenirs. There are numerous restaurants and cafés around the square. Small bars and places for snacks are also present within the vicinity.
- Friday, July 12: Jazz Party (7:00 pm);
- Saturday, July 13: Steve Gadd Band; George Benson (8:30 pm);
- Sunday, July 14: Omri Rom, Ekram, Electro Deluxe (8:30 pm);
- Monday, July 15: Delgrès, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals (8:30 pm);
- Tuesday, July 16: Magma, King Crimson (8:30 pm);
- Wednesday, July 17: Louise Cole, Snarky Puppy (8:30 pm);
- Thursday, July 18: Kittin, Jamiroquai- Automaton (8:30 pm);
- Friday, July 19: Eli Degibr Quartet, Candy Dulfer; Diana Krall (8:30 pm);
- Saturday, July 20: Pink Martini ft. Storm Large, Thomas Dutronic and the Gypsy Spirits (8:30 pm);
- Sunday, July 21: New Gospel Family (8:30 pm);
| Event Type: Music Festival|
Timings: Jazz Party on Friday, July 12 starts at 7:00 pm. Performances on the following day until the last Sunday, July 21, will start at 8:30 pm.
Contact Details: Michèle Bosq, Phone + 33 (0) 4 22 10 60 47 / firstname.lastname@example.org;
Juan Les Pins Tourist Office: 60 Chemin des Sables, 06160 Juan-les-Pins, Phone: + 33 (0) 4 22 10 60 01;
Antibes Tourist Office: 42 Avenue Robert Soleau, 06600 Antibes, Phone: +33 (0) 4 22 10 60 10;
Or, send an email here.
Social Media: Facebook Twitter
Visit the festival’s official website here.
How to get there
Location: La Pinède Gould
Sample Route from CANNES:
- From Cannes-Mandelieu, walk to Palais des Victoires
- Ride Bus for Alfred De Musset going to Bocca Nord
- Walk to Gare de Frayère (La)
- Wait for Tram / Light Rail Les Arcs – Vintimille
- Ride to Gare De Juan-les-Pins
- Walk to La Pinède Gould, Antibes
Sample Route from NICE:
- From Nice, walk to Petit Pont
- Wait for Bus, Carras / Frémont, ride to Collegè Jules Romains
- Wait for Bus, Garibaldi, ride to Gare SNCF Saint-Augustin
- Walk to Gared de Saint-Augustin
- Wait for Tram / Light Rail Les Arcs -Vintimille
- Ride to Gared De Juan-les-Pins
- Walk to La Pinène Gould, Antibes