Marathon des Alpes-Maritimes (Nice to Cannes)
This sporting event is one of the biggest of the marathons held all over the world. Now on its 12th edition, Marathon des Alpes-Maritimes Nice-Cannes will once again take place in the dreamy setting of the French Riviera. It will take place between the cities of Nice and Cannes.
The 42 km course offers a unique challenge to runners, particularly around the stretch at Cap d’Antibes. There are many distances that you can choose to participate in. The expected number of runners is more than 13,000 coming from almost 60 countries.
Spectators and participants anticipate the incredible seaside route and the perfect Autumn climate. Palm trees, the sea, and the mountains are scenic additions to the thrill of the competition.
Physiotherapists, osteopaths, and chiropodists will also assist in the finish area for recovery and relaxation of every participant.
An exhibit dedicated to running in a safe environment is also present thanks to the Running Expo Village. There will be many displays to entertain guests.
It will also be a chance for everyone to discover the sponsors of the Marathon des Alpes-Maritimes Nice-Cannes, and to fetch some gear to equip runners. Aid stations will be present for refreshments, with recycling areas to serve the environment.
- 31 October, Thursday: 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- 1 November, Friday: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
- 2 November, Saturday: 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
The race will start at the Promenade des Anglais in Nice in the Jardin Albert 1er and ends in the glamorous Boulevard de Croisette in Cannes in front of the Carlton Hotel. Racers will pass through the following remarkable locations:
- Saint-Laurent du Var
- Villeneuve Loubet
- Cap d’Antibes
- Golfe Juan
Distances (Race timing; Limit time)
- 05 km (0:42:51; 08:45:51 am)
- 10 km (1:25:43; 09:28:43 am)
- 15 km (2:08:34; 10:11:34 am)
- 20 km (2:51:26; 10:54:26 am)
- 21 km (3:00:00; 11:03:00 am)
- 25 km (3:34:17; 11:37:17 am)
- 30 km (4:17:09; 12:20:09 pm)
- 35 km (5:00:00; 13:03:00 pm)
- 40 km (5:42:51; 13:45:51 pm)
- 42 km (6:00:00; 14:03:00 pm)