Monte Carlo Television Festival
Prince Ranier III of Monaco founded the Monte Carlo Television Festival in 1961. Now, it is under the Honorary Presidency of HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco. He presides it since 1988. The festival shows the very best of television from around the world. It is in its 59th year. Prince Rainier III sees the TV as “a new art form, in the service of peace and understanding between men”. It deems it as an extraordinary means to unite cultures and enhance knowledge.
The Golden Nymph Awards
It is a selection of the best TV programs and actors around the world. The juries are leading individuals from the industry. The nominees include more than 60 television programs from more than 30 countries. It has 2 categories: Fiction and News. Each winner in the categories will receive the Golden Nymph statuettes.
Other Programs of the event
- Official Opening Ceremonies
- Special Screenings
- Premieres at the Grimaldi Forum
- Fan sign sessions of actors and actresses
- Behind the scenes panel discussions
- Fan Zone
There are #OMG Cards to give a number of privileges. One can avail fast lanes, booking priorities, meet and greet, etc. using the OMG card.
The opening ceremony will present the juries for the Golden Nymph Awards. Next to it is the French Premiere of L. A. ‘s Finest first episode starring Gabrielle Union (Bad Boys II) and Jessica Alba (Sin City). It will be open to the public. Entrance is free but within the limits of available seats.
Event Type: International Festival and Awards for TV Programs
Date: June 14 – 18, 2019
- (Friday) June 14: 7 PM – 11:55 PM;
- (Saturday) June: 15: 9:30 AM – 11:59 PM;
- (Sunday) June 16: 9:30 AM – 7:15 PM;
- (Monday) June 17: 10:00 AM – 23:55 PM;
- (Tuesday) 10:00 AM – 23:55 PM
Location: The Grimaldi Forum
- Via Air: Monaco is about 22 km away from the Nice-Côte d’Azur airport. One needs an extra 40 minutes on a car ride. It takes 6 minutes with a helicopter.
- Via Rail: Monaco station is 15 minutes away from the Grimaldi Forum. It is about 8 minutes when riding the bus. Ride from Paris on TGV takes 6 hours. It takes 5 hours from Milan.
- Via Road: Take A8 motorway to reach Monaco. It is about 8 km. Take Monaco-La Turbie exit from France. Roquebrune exit is the best way from Italy.
Office Address: 4 Boulevard du Jardin Exotiques 980000 Monaco
Tel: (+377) 93 10 40 60; (+377) 93 50 70 14
Please visit the Official Website of the festival.