Summer Concerts at the Prince’s Palace in Monaco
An enchanting harmony of sound and music will once again resonate the Prince’s Palace in Monaco this summer. Soloists and a grand orchestra, along with their conductors, will give the audience a series of magical pieces that will move time and emotions. On its 60th year, the Royal Family of Monaco, along with the guests, has enjoyed the excellent performance of the Monte-Carlo Philharmonic Orchestra. The Royal Family and Grimaldi Princes are for all the years patrons of music and the arts. The orchestra’s name before is Orchestra of the National Opera. It is established in 1856 and has been since then gathered fame and glory. Classical music enthusiasts will witness live the moving performances of each presenter. This summer concerts in Monaco is genuinely a must go for classical music lovers.
From the 1960s ’til today, the palace’s courtyard (Cour d’Honneur) serves as the venue for this musical event. There are six evenings where soloists and guest conductors will play major classical with the orchestra. This awe-inspiring experience revives the old-age tradition, made more impressive by the delicate setting in the palace’s courtyard with fantastic acoustic producing a perfect ensemble of the instruments. Its ideal trapezoid shape gives an extraordinary precision of the music.
On its another year, the concert will take place on the delightful nights of July and August. The concerts are on six different dates. Indeed a perfect time to spend an evening in French Riviera. The palace’s grandeur, the exquisite music, and the beauty of the evening sky will not only enchant everyone. It will leave an everlasting mark to those who are present.
Schedule of Performances
July 18: ALAIN ANTINOGLU, Conductor; NORA GUBICH, Mezzo-Soprano
- MAURICE RAVEL – Shéhérazade, for voice and orchestra
- ALAIN ANTINOGLU – Suite de concert from Pelléas et Mélisandre by Claude Debussy (Premiere in Monte Carlo)
July 21: TOMÁŠ NETOPIL, Conductor; JOSEF SPÁCEK, Violin
- ANTONIN DVOŘÁK – Concert for violin opus 53
- WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART – Symphony n° 38, Prague, K. 504
July 25: ALEXANDER VEDERNIKOV, Conductor; NIKOLAI LUGANSKY, Piano
- ALEXANDER BORODINE – Symphony n° 2, opus 5
- SERGEI RACHMANINOV- Concert for piano n° 3, opus 30
August 4: GIANLUIGI GELMETTI, Conductor; GERHARD OPPTIZ, Piano
- GIOACHINO ROSSINI – La Cenerentola, ouverture
- WOLFGANG AMADEUZ MOZART – Concert for piano n°21, K. 467
- ANTONIN DVOŘÁK – Symphony n° 9, Du Nouveau Monde, opus 95
August 8: LAWRENCE FOSTER, Conductor; SZYMON NEHRING, Piano
- KRZYSZTOF PENDERECKI- Le réveil de Jacob for symphonic orchestra
- FREDERIC CHOPIN – Concert for piano n° 2, opus 21
- ANTONIN DVOŘÁK – Rusalka, polonaise, opus 114
- PYOTR ILITCH TCHAIKOVSKY – Le Lac des Cygnes, ballet opus 20, mazurka
- PYOTR ILITCH TCHAIKOVSKY- Eugène Onéguine, polonaise
Event Type: Annual open-air concerts
Date: 18, 21, 25, 28 of July and 4 and 5 of August 2019
Location: Palais Princier de Monaco, Cour d’Honneur
Timing: 9:30 pm to 12:00 am
Contact details: Auditorium Rainier III, Blvd. Loius III, 98000 Monaco; Telephone: +377 93 10 85 00; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the Official Website of the Palais Princier de Monaco for other details here.