Cannes Fireworks Festival & Competition
Every summer, the French Riviera enjoys spectacular displays of lights, sounds, and colors during the Cannes Fireworks Festival (Festival d’Art Pyrotechnique Cannes).
It has been the most magnificent fireworks display since 1967. Every July and August, the bay of Cannes lights up when participants from different countries show their most artistic and majestic music and pyrotechnic fireworks performances.
It is set to the delightful backdrop of the Mediterranean Sea. The musical track, choreography, and the symbolism of the theme all orchestrate with the feu d’artifice. It will all fire up from the barges in the bay. The themes, set by the organizers of the show, vary each year and participants must strictly follow them.
It is the most prestigious fireworks competition around the globe today. About 200,000 onlookers see the show held in the 400-meter waterfront of Cannes. The crowd gathers at La Croisette, having the full view of the event. The reflections in the water and the combination of sound take the entire area into an enchanting world away from the daily monotone life. The participants from different countries will not only charm the crowd but compete with each other as well.
Competing countries will fight for the “Vestale d’Argent.” Every four years, winners will return to battle for the coveted “Vestale d’Or“. Criteria include best music, stage, synchronization, rhythm, sequence, and colors.
Participating Countries & Schedule
- GERMANY: Steffes-ollig, July 14, 2021
- ITALY: Marterello Group Srl, July 21, 2021
- AUSTRIA: Feuerwerke Jost, July 29, 2021
- SWEDEN: Göteborgs Fyrverkerifabrik, August 7, 2021
- US: Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks, August 15, 2021
- FRANCE: Pok 2.0 Luc Factory, August 24, 2021
Video of the Cannes Fireworks Festival
Cannes 2021 Fireworks Festival Details
Event Type: Fireworks / Pyrotechnic Festival
Date: The 14, 22, & 29 of July, and the 5, 15 & 24 of August, 2021
Social Media: Facebook
Website: Official Website
Location: Watch from the beach or boardwalk
Transportation: Check out our guide to Cannes’s transportation options.
How to get to the Cannes Fireworks Festival
- Cannes station is a 5-minute walk from La Croisette.
- The Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region and the SNCF will grant more trains on 14, 21 and 20 of July and 15 of August.
- Ligne 2000 – Nice (airport) → Cannes (SNCF)
- Ligne 1000 Nice (airport/center) → Monaco (Lervotto) – Menton (Bastion)
- From Paris: Head to Lyon (A6 motorway). Next, go to Marseilles (A7 motorway), and then Nice (A8 motorway) – Exit for Cannes
- Form Marseilles: (A7 motorway). Then go to Aix en Provence, Nice (A8 motorway) – Exit 40 for Cannes
For more events, check out our complete Monaco & the French Riviera events calendar.
Please Note: As much as we want everyone to have fun on the French Riviera, we do not think that the noise from fireworks are a good thing, because fireworks are harmful to human health and very destructive to birds and wildlife. In Italy, they have made their fireworks silent and have set them to classical music. We hope that everywhere else will soon follow suit.