Monaco Summer Concerts at the Prince’s Palace
An enchanting harmony of sound and music by the Monte-Carlo Philharmonic Orchestra will once again resonate with the Prince’s Palace in Monaco this summer. Soloists and a grand orchestra, along with their conductors, will give the audience a series of magical pieces that will move time and emotions.
The Royal Family and Grimaldi Princes have long been patrons of music and the arts — this event was established in 1856. From the 1960s until today, the palace’s courtyard (Cour d’Honneur) has served as the venue for this musical event.
This awe-inspiring experience and tradition is made even more impressive by the delicate setting in the palace’s courtyard with fantastic acoustics. Its ideal trapezoid shape gives an extraordinary precision of the music.
Every year, the concert takes place on several delightful nights in July and August. There are six evenings where soloists and guest conductors will play major classical with the orchestra.
It is a perfect time to spend an evening in French Riviera. The palace’s grandeur, the exquisite music, and the beauty of the evening sky will not only enchant everyone. It will leave an everlasting mark on those who are present.
Schedule of Performances for 2019
July 18: ALAIN ANTINOGLU, Conductor; NORA GUBICH, Mezzo-Soprano
- MAURICE RAVEL – Shéhérazade, for voice and orchestra
- ALAIN ANTINOGLU – Suite de concert from Pelléas et Mélisandre by Claude Debussy (Premiere in Monte Carlo)
July 21: TOMÁŠ NETOPIL, Conductor; JOSEF SPÁCEK, Violin
- ANTONIN DVOŘÁK – Concert for violin opus 53
- WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART – Symphony n° 38, Prague, K. 504
July 25: ALEXANDER VEDERNIKOV, Conductor; NIKOLAI LUGANSKY, Piano
- ALEXANDER BORODINE – Symphony n° 2, opus 5
- SERGEI RACHMANINOV- Concert for piano n° 3, opus 30
August 4: GIANLUIGI GELMETTI, Conductor; GERHARD OPPTIZ, Piano
- GIOACHINO ROSSINI – La Cenerentola, ouverture
- WOLFGANG AMADEUZ MOZART – Concert for piano n°21, K. 467
- ANTONIN DVOŘÁK – Symphony n° 9, Du Nouveau Monde, opus 95
August 8: LAWRENCE FOSTER, Conductor; SZYMON NEHRING, Piano
- KRZYSZTOF PENDERECKI- Le réveil de Jacob for symphonic orchestra
- FREDERIC CHOPIN – Concert for piano n° 2, opus 21
- ANTONIN DVOŘÁK – Rusalka, polonaise, opus 114
- PYOTR ILITCH TCHAIKOVSKY – Le Lac des Cygnes, ballet opus 20, mazurka
- PYOTR ILITCH TCHAIKOVSKY- Eugène Onéguine, polonaise