Monte-Carlo Jazz Festival
The love for funky beats, good rhythm, and exceptional music is hitting the waves in Monte-Carlo. The prestigious Monte Carlo Jazz Festival is an opportunity to appreciate jazz music in a spectacular setting.
The festival was started in 2006, under the High Patronage of H. S. H. Prince Albert II of Monaco.
The venue for this music festival is the iconic Monte-Carlo Opera House located inside the Casino de Monte-Carlo. The festival will feature both legendary musicians and rising-stars in jazz music, all under the stunning setting of the Opera.
Always on the flow despite its respect to tradition, the festival takes inspiration in several realms of the musical world. It focuses the attention on creativity when it comes to music.
Be part of this exceptional music festival and witness the performances of the most significant personalities in jazz, soul, and international pop music, in the most intimate setting that the Principality offers.
Performances and Schedules for Monte-Carlo Jazz Festival 2019
- Michel Jonasz: Jazz and Jazz-Rock- November 16
- Ludovico Einaudi: Classical Music- November 20
- Snarky Puppy: Jazz and Jazz-Rock- November 21
- Becca Stevens: Jazz- November 21
- Herbie Hancock: Jazz, Funk, and Soul: November 22
- Eli Debigri: Jazz- November 22
- Vicente Amigo: Jazz- November 23
- Le Trio Jourban: Jazz- November 23
- IAM and the Philharmonic Orchestra of Monte-Carlo: Rap, HIp-Hop, and Classical Music- November 27
- The New Power Generation “Celebrating Prince”: Jazz, Funk, and Hip-Hop- November 29
- Brooklyn Funk Essentials: Jazz, Funk, and Hip-Hop- November 29
- Ibrahim Maalouf: Jazz- November 30
- The London African Gospel Choir: Gospel and Jazz: December 1
Monte-Carlo Jazz Festival 2019 Event details
Event Type: Jazz / Music Festival
Date: November 16 to December 1, 2019 (see schedules above)
Contact Details: +37798064159
Social Media: Facebook
Website: Official website
Location: Salle Garnier de l’Opéra de Monte-Carlo in the Monte Carlo Casino
How to Get to the Monte-Carlo Jazz Festival
By Plane: Monaco is about 22 km from the Nice-Côte d’Azur airport. You’ll need an extra 40 minutes for the Uber/car ride. It is a 6-minute helicopter ride, and the helicopter company will drive you to your final destination within Monaco.
By Train: The Monaco train station is 15 minutes from the Monte-Carlo Casino. It is about 8 minutes when riding the bus. Ride from Paris on TGV takes 6 hours. It takes 5 hours from Milan.
By Car: Take A8 motorway to reach Monaco. It is about 8 km. Take Monaco-La Turbie exit from France. The Roquebrune exit is the best way from Italy.
View our Monaco transportation guide for more info.
For more events, check out our complete Monaco & the French Riviera events calendar.