Christmas in Cannes
All of the French Riviera cities and towns sparkle and dazzle you in every corner on Christmas. It is one of the best places to be for the holidays. What about Christmas in Cannes?
This glamorous city becomes even more lively around the holidays with the Christmas village and market, light shows, and many attractions that you and your kids will love.
Here’s how the city of Cannes does its best to add cheer to the festive spirit in the French Riviera:
Cannes Christmas village and market
The Christmas season in Cannes begins with the ceremonial lighting of the whole city. Following this joyful inauguration is a lively ice-show.
Moving figurines, displays, and various animations will illuminate in multiple locations in the city. It is not surprising to see such grand decorations as the theme follows “Cannes in Magic!”
There will also be 47 chalets for food and handicrafts. It is a great place to find memorable gifts to share in your Christmas gift-giving activity. Two separate stalls are for the traditional Provençal crèche, or nativity scene depicting the Christmas traditions and the season with many colorful statuettes.
The impressive display of lights, figurines, cute teddy bears, and sparkly fir trees will definitely amaze you as you take in the yuletide spirit.
In Esplanade Georges Pompidou, you can see and marvel at the largest animated Christmas tree in the French Riviera. It stands up to 33 meters high (and absolutely good for your Instagram)!
Show your best move and gracefulness in skating in the ice rink! It is a 400 sq m space in natural ice, in front of the Grand Cafe.
- From 1:00 pm, the rink is open for a one-hour session per person.
- Free for children 4 to 10 years old from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, with sled chairs and sliding penguins for rent (children must be under adult supervision)
- Price of equipment is € 3 per person
- Instructors for beginners are present in the morning.
Ready to meet Santa? Find him in his animated cottage and take pictures with him! here are the schedules:
- November 30 and December 1: from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Every Saturday and Sunday (December 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, and 22) and on December 23 and 24, from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
There will also be workshops like makeup and balloon sculptures for children, For a place to eat and sample the delicacies from the stalls, there will be a food corner on the area.
The location of the Christmas village and market is on Allées de la Liberté square, from November 30 to December 31.
The Cannes Christmas parade
A part of the celebration, rue d’Antibes will be open only for pedestrians on December 7, 14, 21, 24, and 31 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. There will be music and Christmas carols playing from sound systems.
The highlight to catch in this place is the Big Santa Claus parade! Come and see the stuffed animals and many animated characters that you and your characters will love!
- Catch it on rue d’Antibes on December 24 at 3:00 pm
The Cannes Kid’s Funfair
Experience the joy in the Funfair in Patiero Esplanade! It is the best place to bond and play with your kids and family.
There will be 50 stalls for food, rides, and games! have fun on the slides, a small car circuit, haunted house, rifle shooting games, and many more!
- From November 3, 2019, to January 5, 2020, and from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
Gaspare Di Caro’s light and illuminations
The so-called “painter of light” of Spain will turn a number of landmarks and buildings in Cannes into a marvelous “canvas” of bright, colorful, and cheerful lights. You will have a sight of the light display every evening at 6 pm. Among the structures that will be part of this unique spectacle are:
- Notre Dame d’Esperance Church
- the Tower of Castre au Suquet
- La Malmaison
- St-Marguerite Church (La Bocca)
- Chapelle de la Miséricorde
Cannes La Bocca Christmas features
Another place to celebrate Christmas in Cannes is in Place du Marché at la Bocca. Here are the things you should not miss:
- Santa’s chalet: There will be a snack and giving of toys for children by UBACI on December 21 at 11:00 am
- Santa will be present from December 21 to 24 from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- See the elves and fairies that will entertain kids and guide them on the workshops from December 26, 2019, to January 24, 2020, from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
There will also be various animations for children to see:
- Guignol theater, inflatable play areas, and large wooden games on December 15, from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Picture-taking, inflatable play areas, and large wooden games on December 22, from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Spend the Yuletide Season in Cannes!
The perfect combination of cosmopolitan classics and traditional character, with the addition of the cheerful spirit of the holiday, is what makes Cannes an enjoyable Christmas destination.
Cannes surely is a beautiful place to celebrate the yuletide season!